Reddit: The rise of Information Hubs

Admittedly, this is a passion project for me. I browse Reddit a lot. It is such a useful tool: I can literally find most forms of knowledge within this site if I dig deep enough. I can go from learning about Accounting (yes, there is a subreddit for it) to watching Lance Stephenson, an NBA rapper, freestyling and I'd be wowed. Reddit evolved from a forum into an information hub, divided by subsections called subreddits catering to different subjects, genres and niches. It begs the question: How did Reddit grow to become THE definitive information hub most people are aware of? Why was Reddit chosen to be the place where people share their interests, knowledge? I want to learn more about this phenomenon.

Comments

  1. I love Reddit as well! It's just an amazing site filled with great information and content and I'm also curious why it gained such traction versus other sites that are built off the same model. I think that the great site design, allowing consumption of information easier, to be a key point in it's success.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Privacy

Next New

Wiki So Far