Next New

Looking forward to the future, predicting what will happen, is a feat few can get right down to a tee. No one can really tell what kind of innovation will pop up and influence the flow of progression. This applies to social media as well: Most could not have predicted the rise and dominance of Facebook, the inception of Snapchat, the popularity of Instagram. To have us imagine what will be next on the horizon is a nigh impossible task.

Looking at what is currently trending, we can point to VR as the next big thing. My idea for a social media that utilize VR is an immersive hub. I'd like to imagine being able to materialize my feed in real life or experiencing Snapchat stories, Instagram photos and videos in real life. If I can virtualize the stories, videos and pictures in a virtual world and experience them, I think that will be the ultimate form of social media immersion.

Another idea can be in the form of penpals. When I was young, penpals were a thing where I came from. The idea behind it is to connect 2 strangers together long distance and connect each person to get to know each other. This social media will focus on connecting strangers for the sake of making friends in other countries: Making international friends.

Comments

  1. I would love to experience Snapchat and Instagram stories through VR as well, that sounds amazing! I think if this was to happen, people would feel like they are experiencing those moments with their friends even though they aren't present there at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Zeeba brought up great point.. I would love it if they bring it in the future.. wow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog: Privacy

Wiki So Far